Friday, April 10, 2009

Blogging on Blogging: The Untold Story of a Narcissist

For quite some time I've had a nagging feeling in the back of my brain telling me that this blog should actually be about something. After returning from the doctor with news that the tumor in the back of my brain was benign and wouldn't be giving me nagging feelings, I started thinking that it might be true; That this blog should be about something other than a narcissistic clearing house of ideas and utterly pointless ranting. Maybe I should find some little niche in an obscure corner of the internet and develop some sort of obscure, corner-of-the-internet kind of following. Champion a small movement of strangers around a strange cause that I just made up. But what would that niche be?

  • There are blogs on cycling but, as far as I'm concerned, Bike Snob NYC has that covered. That's it, 'nuff said.
  • There are blogs on activism and anarchy and stuff, but I feel like if I devoted that much effort into blogging about that crap, my ulser would never heal.
  • There are blogs on general politics, but I would most likely spend most of my time going off on Beck and Hannity on every post. Not that it wouldn't be entertaining, but I have more depth than that.
What it really boils down to is: What the hell do I know? I don't really know enough about one subject to develop my own niche blog. I certainly don't have the attention span. Besides, the next step after forming a niche blog is joining Twitter. No one wants that.

So, I'm going to keep on laying down the random things that pop into my brain and posting them on the internet for the world (meaning the four readers of my blog) to see. I think it was Jesus or Gandhi that said, "variety is the spice of life." And if that doesn't work, I'll just start posting pictures of topless women.

1 comment:

  1. this is funny, Im really happy your health is better and that you want to write about stupid stuff.. Just getting up in the morning and going to work can be alot to blog about. keep it up i cant wait to read the next stupid thing you write about have you ever seen a womans tits look like that. lol now that would be funny. keep it real. life is funny even when were not..
    your new fan with real tits..

    ReplyDelete