Thursday, March 26, 2009

Boreas hath forsaken me: My pre-odyssey to Denver

It seems that I have not pleased the gods. The wrath of Zeus has caused him to call upon the mighty Boreas to slow me in my quest to return home to Denver.
Cursed North winds!
As Odysseus angered Poseidon on his journey home to Athens, it seems I too might be forced to endure and epic journey to return to Denver.
Okay, so it's not that bad. I bought my Greyhound bus tickets a week ago, boxed up my bicycle and was preparing for another bike and beer tour of Denver. Things weren't so bad a few hours ago. Light snow, a few road closures. Might take a little longer, but I can deal with that. As I write, however, 40 miles of I-25 are closed north of Walsenburg due to accidents.
Normally I'm not an impatient guy, but I have to get out of town before this happens! Let me be clear about this: I intend to ride my bike, not do whatever the hell this stupid shit is.
Long story short, I'm outta here one way or another. I'll be back next week with more dry comments and attempts at humor.
In the meantime, I leave you in the capable (read: special) hands of Justin.
...maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I saw someone driving a car with the license plate "cyclist." I tried to take a photo with my phone but it didn't come out. Damnit.

    ReplyDelete